Who says that partying is reserved for only people who live in one place?
Festivals are held year round around the globe and no matter who you are or where you live, you can be sure to find something near you. The great thing about festivals is that they are fun and you can interact with loads of like minded people who share the same values as you.
If you are new to festivals or are traveling and want to catch some of the local happenings where you are going, always check to see if there are any festivals nearby. Most festivals are usually free unless you want to purchase food or beverages so they are wallet friendly as well. While not all festivals are family friendly, there are some festivals that are kid exclusive so just make sure that you double check ahead of time.
If you are a seasoned festival goer then you might already be familiar with some of the festivals below. If you are new to festivals or want to get your feet wet, then keep reading to see some of the biggest festivals that you can find around the world:
- Sundance Film Festival/Park City, Utah January 19-29 (photo)
- Mardi Gras/New Orleans, Louisiana February 28 (photo)
- Sky Lantern Festival/Pingxi, Taiwan-Republic of China February 10 (photo)
- Rio Carnival/Rio De Janeiro-Brazil February 24-28 (photo)
- Oktoberfest/Germany September (photo)
- Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival/California April (photo)
- Burning Man/Nevada September (photo)
- Berlin Film Festival/Germany February (photo)
- Sant Jordi Festival/Barcelona, Spain April 23 (photo)
- 24 Hours of Le Mans/France (photo)
- Bordeaux Wine Festival/France June (photo)
- New York Fashion Week/New York February & September (photo)
- Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival/South Korea April (photo)
- Running of the Bulls/Spain (photo)
- Cosplay Festival/Japan First Weekend in August (photo)
- Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race/Alaska (photo)
- Snow & Ice Festival/Harbin, China January 5th-February 5th (photo)
- Carnevale/Venice, Italy (photo)
- Up Helly AA Fire Festival/Lerwick, Scotland Last Tuesday in January (photo)
- Albuquerque International Balloon Festival/Albuquerque, New Mexico October (photo)
- Glastonbury Festival/Glastonbury, England June (photo)
I hope this list has inspired you to look into one of these festivals. If you know of any other festivals that you want to share or have been to any of the festivals above, please leave a comment below. Thanks!