“The measure of success is happiness and peace of mind.” Bobby Davro
In the demanding lives most of us live, finding time to recenter and regroup can be extremely hard. Also finding time to slow down and breathe can be just as hard.
I realize when I take time at the beginning of my day to center and focus myself, the rest of the day goes smoothly. It isn’t free of stress or error, but I am a lot more mentally prepared to handle the stresses of the day.
For some it may be yoga, reading, chanting or drinking tea. For others it could be meditating or chanting daily reminders of peace to yourself. Having peace within yourself makes a world of difference. When you are at peace you are calm and focused. Since you are internally stable, external forces will have a harder time throwing you off your game.
If you don’t already have a “peace practice” then it is really easy to start. It is always best to practice peace in the morning before anything happens. When you wake up, you are reset and refreshed and ready for whatever the day brings. Use this time to allow peace to flow through your thoughts and body.
If you need any thoughts to keep you at peace today, here are 8 that I hope will help:
- Let every situation be what it is instead of what you think it should be. When we go into situations expecting specific outcomes we set ourselves up for failure. Instead we should go into situations allowing them to unfold as they will and we will be less disappointed.
- The world isn’t yours to hold, its okay to not know everything. You alone did not create the world and the problems in it. You are one person and you can only control yourself.
- The only person you can control is yourself so don’t let what others do or don’t do destroy your inner peace. As much as we want to we can’t control others. If someone does or doesn’t want to do something, at the end of the day the only thing you should worry about is if you did what you needed to do.
- Good or bad everything happens for a reason and time reveals all. Just because something doesn’t go the way you want it to doesn’t mean its all bad. Didn’t get the job you wanted? Good. There’s another opportunity thats calling your name. Don’t block future blessings by dwelling on bad things.
- Things only bother you if you let them. Everyone gets annoyed; people will cut you off in traffic and random 800 numbers will call from time to time. Bosses will get on your nerves and your kids won’t listen. Who chooses whether that bothers you or not?? You.
- Accept your life and where you are right now. Often we get sad thinking about where we want to be or where we think we should be. Little do we know, most of the times we have everything we need and wanted in front of us. Pause and be grateful for what you have.
- Be free and don’t take anything personally, people’s actions are a reflection of themselves and not you. Everyone deals with something and if someone does something to you, its because of thoughts or feelings they had. The world isn’t out to punish you and the sooner you realize that the better you will feel.
- The universe will always find a way to balance everything out. Even when life feels like its going downhill, there will always be a balancing act in the end to reset things. You have come this far and have survived both good and bad days so trust you will be able to live on.
These are some of the daily reminders that I tell myself to keep me at peace. Peace has to start within you and it isn’t something you can buy or cheat your way out of. It requires dedication and patience and practice for it to work. The benefits are endless and those around you will feel your transformation and be drawn to your happiness.
Not only will you be happier, but you will radiate your happiness and allow others to be happy as well. So take some time, slow yourself down and allow peace into your life.
If you know any other tips to remain peaceful, please leave them down below. Thanks!